70° 57' 02" W
Learn more about Lat/Long (including how to look them up by address)
Also, compare today's coordinates to those of other recent EarthView outings, near and far!
The EarthView team is excited to be back visiting Captain Samuel Brown Elementary in Peabody today! This is our second visit to the school, our first visit was in this past March. Our last blog post for the school talked about snow...luckily there is no snow in the forecast for today's visit!
Since the blog post for the first visit to the school did not offer any fun facts on Peabody here are some!
- Peabody is located in Essex County
- Had a population of 51,251 in the 2010 Census
- Was first settled in 1626 as a part of Salem
- In 1752, the area set off and became Danvers
- In 1855 the community broke away and became South Danvers
- On April 30th, 1868 South Danvers became Peabody
- Peabody was incorporated as a city in 1916
- Peabody was a farm community but became the center of New England's Leather Industry
- The city is referred to as Leather City or Tanner City by locals
- Peabody is 16.8 square miles and is located just 15 miles northeast of Boston